Weston Public Schools Office of Student Services
Weston Public Schools Office of Student Services, or call 781-786-5240
Director of Student Services - Jennifer Truslow (email@example.com)
Jennifer Truslow was appointed as the Director of Student Services as of April 1, 2017. Previously, Ms. Truslow had been the Assistant Director of Student Services in Weston. During the ten prior years, she served as the Assistant Principal of Student Services at Brown Middle School in the Newton Public Schools. She possesses an extensive knowledge of special education policy and practice as well as program development. In addition to her administrative work at Brown Middle School, Ms. Truslow worked as a special educator in Newton at the elementary school level for a number of years. While working for the Newton Public Schools, Ms. Truslow also provided professional development on many special education topics.
Assistant Director of Student Services - Anne Zernicke (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Anne Zernicke has jointed WPS as the Assistant Director of Student Services. Anne was the Assistant Principal of Student Services at the Woodville School in Wakefield for two years. Prior to Wakefield, Anne was a Learning Center teacher at Zervas Elementary School in Newton for eight years. Anne has an extensive background in reading, having worked as a trainer at the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education. Anne consulted with school districts as part of the Reading First/No Child Left Behind Initiative. Anne received her Bachelor of Arts in Elementary and Special Education at George Washington University, her Master of Education in Reading, Language and Reading Disabilities, at at Harvard University, and a Master of Organizational Management from Endicott College.
Team chair contact information
- WHS - Jeff Dias - email@example.com
- WMS - Maryellen Stampfli - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Field - Grace Janusis - email@example.com
- Country - Michael Davies - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Woodland - Erika Sava - email@example.com
- Special Education Programs at the Weston Public Schools
- Weston Windows Preschool
- Out of District Coordinator - Laurie Smith-Michaels (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- WPS District Curriculum Accommodation Plan (DCAP)
- Contact information for the Weston Public Schools (for e-mail, use the format email@example.com).
- Weston Middle School Directed Support Program (DSP) - If you have a student on a 504 Plan or in general education, contact WMS for more information about this program for academic and organizational support.
Office of Student Services - End of Year Presentation to School Committee - May 22, 2017
Weston High School and Weston PAC panel event - March 17, 2017
- Perspectives on Student Stress: A Panel Discussion for Parents
WHS Presentation - Perspectives on Student Stress, March 17, 2017
November 2016 PAC Meeting - Special Education at WHS
- We extend our thanks to the panel of presenters who spoke to parents on November 16, 2016 regarding special education programs at WHS. The presentation from the evening is available for download.
2015-2016 School Year
See below for the WPS Office of Student Services Report:
Student Services Report to School Committee - June 6, 2016
EDCO Special Education Program Review Report
The EDCO Collaborative was contracted by the Weston Public Schools to conduct a Special Education Program Evaluation. Dr. Marguerite Connolly, Director of Student Services at that time, and Dr. John Brackett, Interim Superintendent at that time, requested this evaluation aimed at determining the effectiveness of special education programs and services in supporting positive outcomes for students receiving special education services, and to identify areas of strength and areas for improvement in department organization, programming, and delivery of services. The external program review report was presented to the Weston School Committee on January 11, 2016.
External Special Education Program Review Report
2015 and Prior Years
- Office of Student Services Program Update - Presentation to School Committee, June 2015
- MA DESE WPS Coordinated Program Review - Mid-Cycle Report - January 2015
- Office of Student Services - Summer Program Brochure 2015
- Field to WMS Transition Presentation
- Weston Public Schools Special Education Program Grid 2013-2014
- Office of Student Services Program Update - Presentation to School Committee, June 2014
- Office of Student Services - Summer Program Brochure 2014
- Office of Student Services - Food Allergy Awareness 2014
- Office of Student Services Program Update - Presentation to School Committee, December, 2013
- Office of Student Services - Presentation to School Committee, June 2013
- Office of Student Services - Special Education in the Weston Public Schools, February, 2013
- Office of Student Services - Weston Public Schools Policy and Procedures Manual, September 2011